Full Marathon and Half Marathon participants must be 18 years old or above. For all other events participants must be 16 years and above. Please Note: All minors (under 18) need consent of parents/guardian; the Consent Form must be submitted along with Registration Form.
1. The Organizer has the right to verify age of participants before, during and after the race. Any exceptions to this must be authorized by the Organizer.
2. The Organizer reserves the right to close entries before the deadline without any notice once the race quota is full.
3. Entries will only be processed upon receipt of full payment of entry fee.
4. The Organizer reserves the right to limit and refuse entries without reason.
5. The Organizer reserves the right to contact and to interview applicants by phone or otherwise for additional information required for matters relating to their applications.
6. Entry fees are non-refundable. The Organizer reserves the right to refuse entries for once the entry is accepted if any applicants who provide false information, do not make the required payment, or fail to meet entry requirements as stated in the entry form.
7. Should the event be cancelled due to circumstance beyond the control of the Organizer (including the heavy rain, thunder storm or disaster, public rally), no refund of the entry fee will be made and the Organizer shall have no further responsibility and/or liability thereafter.
8. Running is not a ‘free risk’ sport and therefore each runner must ensure his/her health condition is fit before participating and during in the race. Each runner shall be responsible with his/her own health/condition. The Organizer shall be responsible for personal injury or death during or after the race as direct result of gross negligence of the Organizer.
9. The Organizer reserves the right to disallow/ disqualify any person who is known or suspected to be physically unfit to participate in the event. Should a runner get injured during the race, on case by case basis as recommended by medical team as appointed by the Organizer to monitor the race, such runner may be treated in hospital as designated by the Organizer with a treatment cost not exceeding the amount agreed by the Organizer and the relevant hospital.
10. Timed Run Categories include: Full Marathon 42.195 Kms, Half Marathon 21.2 Kms, Relay and 10 Kms.
Non Timed Run Categories include: Linde Swacchata Run 5Kms, Alembic Pledge Run, Inox Divyang Paralymic Run
11. ID proof and Authorisation Letter are mandatory at the time of Expo- Kit Collection
12. Prize Money subject to minimum 25 entries in each category.
13. Only Gujarat participants eligible for Prize money for the 10Kms Category14. Please Note: International Participant: Individual with any Passport other than Indian. National Participant: Indian passport holders, or individuals residing in India with applicable residency proof. Gujarat Participant: Resident of Gujarat with applicable proof of residence
15. The running number BIB is mandatory for participation on the race day. Participants must be wearing a valid Bib to qualify for prizes in respective race categories.
16. All Timed Runners who successfully finish the designated route, in the respective cut off times, will be eligible for Medals. Non Timed runners are eligble only for certificates.17. All decisions taken by Vadodara Marathon are final and binding.
A. Age on Race Day: The participation in the Vadodara International Marathon is strictly subject to the following age criteria. Please note the Age criteria for the race categories you apply for:
Full Marathon – 42.195 Kms - All participating members must be 18 years or older as on1 Feb 2017.
Half Marathon – 21.2 Kms All participating members must be 18 years or older as on1 Feb 2017.
For all other race categories: All participating members must be 16 years or older as on1 Feb 2017.
Please Note: All minors (under 18) need consent of parents/guardian; the Consent Form must be submitted along with Registration Form.
B. Age Proof & Photo ID Proof: You will need to provide photocopy or scanned copy of a valid govt. issued age proof and photo id proof for completing your registration.
C. Medical Condition: All participating members must be physically fit as approved by a certified medical practitioner. Even though you hold a valid running number BIB, you may not be allowed to participate in the event if any of our marshals or medical personnel feels you are not fit. In such an event you will not be entitled to a refund of your registration fees.
D. Entry & Access: Only registered participants holding a valid running number BIB will be allowed to enter the Event venue and take part in any of the races. Individuals without a valid running number BIB will not be allowed on the course.
E. Parking: There are limited parking spots available on race day and these will be allotted to individuals on a first come first serve basis.
F. BIB Number (Chest Number): The running number BIB is mandatory for your participation on the race day and will have to be personally collected by you at the Marathon Expo, the details of which will be communicated to you by email/SMS.
In the event of your inability to collect your running number BIB the same can be collected by your representative. Your representative has to carry your govt. issued photo id along with an authorization letter duly signed by you, authorizing your representative to collect your running number BIB on your behalf. Participants must be wearing the eligible Bib No. to qualify for prizes in respective race categories.
H. Timing: For all timed runs, timing facility is available for all runners participating in the event; it is your responsibility to make sure that you attach the timing chip correctly and to ensure that you follow the route correctly and pass over the timing mats located at strategic locations across the route. Please note that the timing is done electronically and there is a chance that your timing may not get recorded due to a failure in the chip, in such an event the organizers cannot be held responsible.
Please note: NO Chip – NO Timing
For the Fun Runs No timing facility will be provided.
I. i. Certificates & Medals: All participants will be issued a certificate online only. Certificates will be available only after 21 days of the event completion. All Timed Runners who successfully finish the designated route, in the respective cut off times, will be eligible for Medals. Non Timed runners are eligble only for certificates.
J. Information & Updates: Information & updates will be sent via email and or SMS, it is your responsibility to provide your email and phone number accurately & legibly, further if you do not receive an email/SMS receipt of your form submission within 72 hours of your submitting your form, it is your responsibility to call the event helpline and ensure that your email ID/ Phone Number has been captured accurately.
All decisions taken by Vadodara Marathon are final and binding.
Vadodara Marathon owns the information collected via the Website. As applicable, the information you provide to us may be used to contact you about the Website and Website related news; monitor and improve the Website; provide special offers to you from us and/or our respective affiliates, subsidiaries and other third parties; inform you of prizes you may have won or send promotional material on behalf of our partners.
YOU EXPRESSLY UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT: In order to run a Vadodara Marathon event runners agree the following disclaimer and to the Terms & Conditions: “I declare I will abide by the age limits set for the event and will abide by the laws and rules of Vadodara Marathon. I declare that I will not compete in the race unless I am medically fit on the day of the race and that, in any event, I will compete at my own risk. I accept that the organisers, sponsors, partners, marshals will not be liable for any loss, damage, action, claim, costs or expenses, which may arise in consequence of my participation of the event. I also hereby give my permission to Vadodara Marathon to use my name, quotes, video and photographic likeness for marketing and promotional purposes. I also understand that entry fees are non-refundable. I agree to the terms and conditions before I will run any Vadodara Marathon Event.